Vigilant Aerospace CEO Kraettli Epperson will be presenting a technical overview and real-world case study from the company’s recent beyond visual line-of-sight drone flights using a multi-sensor detect-and-avoid system at the upcoming UAS Summit & Expo. The virtual conference is on October 29, 2020.
The presentation is titled “Recent Real-World BVLOS UAS Flight Testing: Detect-and-Avoid and Airspace Management with Multiple Sensor Integration” will review recent technical and operational advances towards an integrated multi-sensor detect-and-avoid and airspace management system.
In addition to beyond visual line-of-sight flights, the presentation will include recent uses of the system during demonstrations of an unmanned aircraft equipped with a temperature-controlled payload container for carrying medical supplies and samples for pandemic response flights.
The presentation will include discussion of the current state of the technology especially including a hands-on report on integration of portable radar and aircraft telemetry integration into the FlightHorizon system:
- Review of recent flights and practical applications of unmanned aircraft for pandemic response and relief flights, especially including medical supply delivery
- Discussion of emerging industry technical standards and safety needs
- Presentation of the overall safety case used to support beyond visual line-of-sight flights
- Relevant research results using a portable ground radar to detect and track both manned and unmanned aircraft for air space management
- Practical results from recent flights performed BVLOS
- Recent new partnerships with critical North Dakota UAS industry organizations
- Review of new public sector programs critical to the industry from a participant including the new NASA ULI program researching weather hazards for Urban Air Mobility / Advanced Air Mobility
Recent Real-World BVLOS UAS Flight Testing: Detect-and-Avoid and Airspace Management with Multiple Sensor Integration
Thursday, October 29, 2020
10:30 – 10:50 AM CT
Speaker: Kraettli Epperson, CEO, Vigilant Aerospace Systems, Inc.
The session will include a pre-recorded video presentation (also available on-demand) with additional time for live Q&A.
The 2020 UAS Summit will be held live via webcast October 28-29, 2020 with live sessions, on-demand presentations, and a virtual exhibit hall which will remain open and available to registered attendees for 30-days after event.
Register now to join industry experts at the 2020 UAS Summit & Expo.
About the UAS Summit & Expo
The UAS Summit & Expo started as a small gathering of regional stakeholders. Now, 14 years later, the event in the Northern Plains of North Dakota has become a yearly major event for UAS experts from around the world. It’s the original epicenter of drone research, earned its place as the Silicon Valley of Drones and as you’ll see from the commercial, government and military flight activity filling the sky of the Northern Plains and beyond every day, it has truly become America’s UAS proving grounds.The 2020 UAS Summit & Expo marks the 14th annual occurrence of the conference produced and organized by UAS Magazine and BBI International. For more information, visit www.TheUASsummit.com.