- Review of recent flights and practical applications of unmanned aircraft for pandemic response and relief flights, especially including medical supply delivery
- Discussion of emerging industry technical standards and safety needs
- Presentation of the overall safety case used to support beyond visual line-of-sight flights
- Relevant research results using a portable ground radar to detect and track both manned and unmanned aircraft for air space management
- Practical results from recent flights performed BVLOS
- Recent new partnerships with critical North Dakota UAS industry organizations
- Review of new public sector programs critical to the industry from a participant including the new NASA ULI program researching weather hazards for Urban Air Mobility / Advanced Air Mobility
Recent Real-World BVLOS UAS Flight Testing: Detect-and-Avoid and Airspace Management with Multiple Sensor IntegrationThursday, October 29, 2020 10:30 – 10:50 AM CT Speaker: Kraettli Epperson, CEO, Vigilant Aerospace Systems, Inc. The session will include a pre-recorded video presentation (also available on-demand) with additional time for live Q&A. The 2020 UAS Summit will be held live via webcast October 28-29, 2020 with live sessions, on-demand presentations, and a virtual exhibit hall which will remain open and available to registered attendees for 30-days after event. Register now to join industry experts at the 2020 UAS Summit & Expo.
About the UAS Summit & ExpoThe UAS Summit & Expo started as a small gathering of regional stakeholders. Now, 14 years later, the event in the Northern Plains of North Dakota has become a yearly major event for UAS experts from around the world. It’s the original epicenter of drone research, earned its place as the Silicon Valley of Drones and as you’ll see from the commercial, government and military flight activity filling the sky of the Northern Plains and beyond every day, it has truly become America’s UAS proving grounds.The 2020 UAS Summit & Expo marks the 14th annual occurrence of the conference produced and organized by UAS Magazine and BBI International. For more information, visit www.TheUASsummit.com.
Vigilant Aerospace is the leading developer of detect-and-avoid and airspace management software for uncrewed aircraft systems (UAS or drones). The company’s product, FlightHorizon, is based on two NASA patents and uses data from multiple sources to display a real-time picture of the air traffic around a UAS and to provide automatic avoidance maneuvers to prevent collisions. The software is designed to meet industry technical standards, to provide automatic safety and to allow UAS to safely fly beyond the sight of the pilot. The software has won multiple industry awards and the company has had contracts and users at NASA, the FAA, the U.S. Department of Defense and with a variety of drone development programs. Visit our website at www.VigilantAerospace.com