Vigilant Aerospace Systems is currently seeking a Mid-Level Java Developer.
Vigilant Aerospace is seeking a Java software developer to join our ambitious team. This is a full-time remote position for a skilled software developer who likes hard problems, is eager to learn in an innovative environment and wants to make a national impact at the frontiers of robotics, drones, automation and flight safety.
We are a technology company developing safety software for autonomous aerial vehicles based on technology licensed from NASA. This software is designed to allow unmanned aircraft to safely avoid conflicts with other aircraft, to track aircraft in flight and improve flight safety for both manned and unmanned aircraft.
We are a highly entrepreneurial company that values innovative thinking, agility, resourcefulness and quality code. Our goal is to have a positive impact on flight safety worldwide and to deliver an outstanding user experience for pilots and airspace managers. We work at a fast pace in an exciting and rapidly growing industry.
We are looking for developers with an interest in Java application design, systems architecture and development experience to help us take our software to the next level.
In addition to writing awesome software, you will have opportunities to learn about sensors and sensor integration, predictive algorithms, radio control interfaces, autopilots and autonomous aircraft, machine vision, display systems, HMI factors and a wide range of other cutting-edge technologies.
If this sounds like the right place for you, please carefully read the requirements, the preferences and the application instructions below:
- 3 to 4 years experience in professional Java software development
- Must be physically located anywhere in North Dakota
- Ability to work closely with a small, distributed development team
- Ability to work to time estimates and routinely deliver agile development cycles
- Proven ability to teach yourself new topics and skills quickly
- A good approach to code architecture that prioritizes reliability and maintainability
- A strong sense of ownership and pride in quality code and a quality product
Preferences (Not Required):
- Strongly prefer a degree in computer science
- Experience with Spring, Maven and IntelliJ
- Comfortable with modern deployment, continuous integration and testing processes
- Systems architecture and/or desktop application development experience
- A good GitHub contribution history on projects of interest to you
- Work with other developers, often in a team leadership role, on design topics, planning, architecture and code review
- Review requirements and work closely with other developers to ensure compatibility and integration
- Develop Java software to deliver functions and address problems related to aircraft tracking, prediction, avoidance, user interface, hardware integration and data management
- Report problems and progress, work through issues with the team, suggest ideas and discuss options
- Help other developers to identify potential solutions, think differently and solve problems
- Use task management and code management tools to track, report and deliver your work
- Participate in software testing
- Salary offered is based on experience and qualifications of the candidate and guided by the North Dakota median salary for Java Software Developers
- US work authorization and North Dakota residency required
- This is currently a work-from-home position, but may include some in-office meetings and travel in the future
- Includes company health insurance program and paid time-off
- Opportunities provided for professional continuing education and conferences
Respond to this job posting:
If this sounds like the right place for you, follow the link below to submit an application.