Vigilant Aerospace Systems is currently seeking a Java developer.
Vigilant Aerospace is seeking an experienced Java software developer to join our ambitious startup team. This is a full-time remote position for a rock star software developer who likes hard problems, is eager to learn in an innovative environment and wants to make a national impact at the frontiers of robotics, drones, automation and flight safety.
We are a startup company developing safety software for autonomous aerial vehicles based on technology licensed from NASA. This software is designed to allow unmanned aircraft to fly safely in the US national airspace and to improve flight safety for both manned and unmanned aircraft.
We are a highly entrepreneurial company that values innovative thinking, agility, resourcefulness and quality code. Our goal is to have a positive impact on flight safety worldwide and to deliver an outstanding user experience for pilots and airspace managers. We work at a fast pace in an exciting and rapidly growing industry.
We are looking for developers with solid Java application design, systems architecture and development experience to help us take our software to the next level.
In addition to writing awesome software, you will have opportunities to learn about sensors and sensor integration, predictive algorithms, radio control interfaces, autopilots and autonomous aircraft, machine vision, display systems, HMI factors and a wide range of other cutting-edge technologies.
If this sounds like the right place for you, please carefully read the requirements, the preferences and the application instructions below.
- 3 years or more of experience in Java application development
- Comfortable with GitHub and modern deployment, CI and testing processes
- Must be physically located anywhere in North Dakota
- Ability to work independently or on a small distributed development team
- Ability to work to time estimates and routinely deliver agile development cycles
- Proven ability to teach yourself new topics and skills quickly
- A good approach to code architecture that prioritizes reliability and maintainability
- A strong sense of ownership and pride in quality code and a quality product
Preferences (Not Required):
- Experience with Spring, Maven and IntelliJ
- Systems architecture and/or desktop application development experience
- Excellent GitHub contribution history
- Degree in computer science at the BS or MS level
- Salary based on qualifications
- This is currently a work-from-home position, but will include some in-office meetings and travel in the future
- Includes company health insurance program and paid time-off
- Opportunities for professional continuing education and conferences
Respond to this job posting:
If this sounds like the right place for you, follow the link below to submit an application.